The Fabulous Familiar

Taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day!~!



It is 10:15 a.m. and I am still in my sweats with not a touch of make-up on. This usually only means one of two things:

I am dying of the flu.

Or...

The town of Searcy is shut down due to ice!

Though I am usually very perturbed when I wake up to a text message, the one from my roommate today telling me to stay in bed was definitely one that I didn't mind. :-)

I was just talking yesterday about how I need a vacation; how weekends aren't even relaxing anymore. I am so thankful that I got to stay in today and just take it easy. It was much-needed!

I need to catch up on some homework but even that--it's killing me to type this out--is a blessing. I feel like I am always behind so it will be good to get a few things done.

I hope you have a blessed day, snow day or not-- and that you occasionally get to find that breath of fresh air that keeps you going along your way.

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." ~Ovid

1 Comments:

Blogger HannahKey said...

Oh, dear cousin, I am sitting at home on Mema and Papa's old leather navy blue couch with a quilt wrapped around my flannel-pj-covered legs, my hair is up in some sort of horrid nest on my head, my glasses are on, mascara flecks are under my eyes, and I am L-O-V-I-N-G it!!! Cheers to spending a Friday on the couch! (My boss forgot to tell me that I was opening for the coffee shop, so he said that I could have the day off!)

January 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home