The Fabulous Familiar

Taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary...

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Question Game



Normally, I would assert that my blog is much too sophisticated for silly childish games like the question game, but I am trying to kill another hour of student work time and thought I would give you a little more insight into who I am. At the end of the process, I hope to look at the clock and see that it has turned to 12:00 p.m.

What's the best thing about living in this moment of history?
>>I would have to say all the advancements in technology and travel that are allowing people my age to truly make a difference and gain a worldview that the generations before us didn't have.

What makes you feel like a child again?
>> Any time I am singing, dancing or laughing, I feel like I have such a young spirit. Also, when I go back to my grandparents' house and get spoiled, I still feel like the little kid they nurtured and took care of.

What've you learned from past relationships, and what do you do differently now?
>>I used to mold myself to fit the other person's expectations instead of truly being myself. I would also settle for a lot less than I deserved and accept treatment that was not acceptable. Now that I have realized this, I try to only stick with guys that love me and accept me for who I truly am. And I make sure they hold the qualities that are Christ-like.

Would you let someone share your toothbrush?
>>I try not to make a habit of it, but if they were desperate, yes. You can clean them, sterilize them or get a knew one. Repeated offenses? Never.

What are you apathetic about?
>>I am pretty much passionate in some shape or form about all matters, but when it comes to everyday decisions like where to eat, what activity to do, etc., I usually don't care. I'm more about who I'm with than what I'm doing.

What was your last adventure?
>>My last BIG adventure was traveling to Greece my junior year of college. This past summer, however, I made a trip to California for a conference and the next weekend headed to Pennsylvania with a friend.

Tell me ten things you want to do before you die.
>> 1) Ride in a hot air balloon 2) Be in a musical or play 3) Be an amazing mother 4)Write a book 5) Change someone's life 6) Go to Tanzania to see where my grandparents lived 7) Go on a long road trip and stop at major places in the U.S. 8) Become a morning person 9) Learn at least one ballroom dance 10) Push myself to a physical limit of some kind (half-marathon, etc).

Are you vain?
>>I do like to look at myself in the mirror (just ask my roommates) but I wouldn't consider myself vain. I'm more looking for flaws actually. I do worry a little too much about what people think of me, but I feel like vanity is not a huge part of my life and how I interact with others.

Have you ever had to talk yourself into doing something?
>>Um, like every day of my life. I am not a huge fan of spontaneity, but I am getting better because of my friends. I like to have things go according to plan and when they vary from that I often have to convince myself to go along. I end up having a blast but it takes some coercing.

What day would you love to live again?
>>Any day of the family cruise we went on my senior year would be amazing; or my mission trip to Costa Rica (I loved every minute!)

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
>>I would love to have a killer intuition about people and what they were thinking.

Who's been the most influential person to you?
>>My whole family fits into this category, but I would have to say my mother has been the most shining example and influence in my life. She truly has a great spirit and love for others.

What movie do you watch again and again?
>>"While you Were Sleeping" with Sandra Bullock is a beloved favorite of mine, as well as "Return to Me" with Minnie Driver.

What's your most valuable possession?
>>All of my diaries, journals and blog books probably, as well as my pictures. Anything that is sentimental and documents my memories.

What's the best advice you've ever received?
>>Papa Huddleston is notorious for saying, "Better to remain single than to marry a bum." That's a good one.

What's your happiest childhood memory?
>>Any time all the cousins were together was such a blessing. I remember times on the lake with my mom's side of the family and then Branson trips and other visits with dad's side. Any time I was playing dress up was a happy time.

What's the hardest life lesson you've had to learn?
>>That sometimes you have to enact Plan B. That things aren't going to always go as smoothly as you would like and that you have to trust God in the meantime. For a long time, I always got what I wanted when I wanted it.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
>>I wanted to be a police officer or a dolphin trainer at Sea World or a WNBA basketball player.

What experience has changed your outlook on life?
>>I think the death of a friend in high school made me realize that I wasn't invincible and that I should live for each day and not waste my youth. My trip to Greece gave me a broader outlook on the outstretches of the world.

What do you love most about your family? Why?
>>I love how everyone comes to each other's aid in times of need and the way we can all reminisce and laugh when we are together. The love of the Lord has tied us together and they are all beautiful examples to me. We are all so different, but all those quirks work together.

Where's your ultimate vacation destination?
>>I want to go to a tropical island somewhere, like Tahiti or the Bahamas or something!

Would you want to be famous? For what?
>>I would love to write a New York Times Best Seller!

What's the best compliment you've ever received?
>>One of the families I wrote a story about said that I changed their outlook on their son's disease and inspired them to change how they look at it from now on.

What talent do you wish you'd been born with?
>>I wish I had the voice of an angel. And I wish I could cook.

What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?
>>I went through the carwash in the back of a truck once. Luckily, it was the one without the wax feature.

What's a subject you wish you knew more about?
>>I wish I was more sound in the Bible and history. I wish there was a way to be completely knowledgeable on politics, too without getting involved in the mess.

What did people tease you about growing up?
>>I had nerdy sports glasses. Kelsey called me "zit face" when I hit puberty. Some girls in the lunchroom made fun of my large derriere.

Who in your family are you most like?
>>I have my dad's humor and goofy faces, but I am very sensitive like my mom. I have been told I have the best qualities of both :)

What's the most fun you've had in the last year?
>>Any fun times spent with my crazy roommates :)

Do you have a recurring dream? What happens in it?
>>Though it comes in different forms, I have dreams where I return to something like a locker or office that I see every day and EVERYTHING has changed. I just don't know what to do with myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

If you ever do write a book, can I have an autographed copy? :)

January 26, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home